|October 17, 2013 - November 06, 2013|
|Location:||Lake Ridge, VA|
|Salary Range:||$50,000 - $60,000|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Westminster at Lake Ridge, a continuous care retirement community located on 62 acres in the beautiful suburb of Lake Ridge, Virginia.|
Westminster at Lake Ridge is a senior lifestyle community, consisting of 95 cottages, 140 apartments, 46 assisted living beds, and 60 skilled nursing beds. Westminster has more than 400 residents, and over 250 staff members. We offer extensive services and amenities to all residents, including dining, transportation, a wellness and fitness center, a swimming pool, and a community center.
The Admissions Coordinator is primarily responsible for coordinating health related admissions into our healthcare center from area hospitals and other rehab facilities. Additional duties include marketing and correspondence with local area hospitals.
Qualified candidates MUST have experience in healthcare related admissions in a skilled nursing environment.
RN or LPN preferred.
1. Processes incoming residents to all units within the community and ensures all paperwork is completed and in compliance with established policies and regulations:
- Responds to admission inquires no later than the end of each work day; includes but not limited to dealing with hospital social workers, families, and prospective residents.
- Ensures that appropriate information is provided to inquiring persons and gives or arranges tours as determined.
- Gives tours of Westminster at Lake Ridge community on a daily basis.
- Coordinates admission process including verifying transfer time, receipt of orders, notifying Director of Nursing, Social Worker, and Nurse Manager of admission and time.
- Assures that admission paperwork complies with Westminster at Lake Ridge’s policies regarding signing of contracts, etc. Sends copy of paperwork to Social Worker and resident.
- Manages waiting list and upholds admission protocol established by the Board of Directors and Executive Director.
- Coordinates process of evening, weekend, and emergency admissions through the use of written communication, pagers, voice mail, e-mail, etc.
- Oversees process of updating and maintaining resident census data for the staff. Distributes census data on a daily basis.
- Notifies involved parties of scheduled family meetings prior to the admissions process.
- Completes and maintains all face sheets for residents in the Nursing Center and Assisted Living Unit.
- Maintains proper information to prepare admission for Care Plan team. Attends occupancy meeting where admissions and discharges are discussed.
- Provides assistance to Assisted Living Manager and In Home Health Care as requested.
- Assures all rooms have been cleaned and prepped for new resident admission. Conducts Quality Assurance with all areas of Nursing Center, Assisted Living Unit, and all resident rooms.
2. Maintains open communication with local hospitals to ensure bed availability and discuss possible resident or admissions concerns:
- Calls hospitals to obtain information on hospitalized residents (treatment, discharge plans) and shares this information with appropriate staff.
- Contacts families to see if they wish to place resident at Westminster at Lake Ridge Documents information and communicates it to necessary staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Works directly with Nurse Manager to identify residents with upcoming surgeries and/or hospital treatments to determine placement of resident
3. Performs marketing functions for new resident’s admission to the Westminster at Lake Ridge community:
- Markets to all area hospitals, Senior Agencies, physicians, and church groups on the Westminster at Lake Ridge community and services it provides.
- Creates and updates all marketing brochures for potential admissions. Sends out brochures to prospects upon request.
- Works directly with Director of Marketing to develop new techniques for community outreach.
4. Maintains professional presence when representing Westminster at Lake Ridge; exhibits degree of professionalism consistent with standards in performance, behavior, and appearance:
- Maintains resident confidentiality and privacy at all times according to policies and procedures; uses discretion when discussing confidential matters.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior with residents, families, co-workers, subordinates, supervisors, and other department staff.
- Maintains positive working relationships with management and coworkers; willingly follows directions and requests as appropriate.
- Exhibits professional standards through appearance and demeanor consistent personnel standards.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work assignments and performs in a manner to meet quality and timeliness objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures; seeks clarification or interpretation from appropriate supervisor when needed.
- Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in all relations with others.
5. Demonstrates professional development/skills competency in all activities:
- Participates in in-service, projects, or committees as assigned.
- Maintains all certifications necessary for employment.
- Demonstrates flexibility, open mindedness, and versatility in adjusting to changing environments and requirements as necessary.
- Commits to continually improving his/her skills through participations in education opportunities whether offered on the job, within, or outside of the community, to increase knowledge of work-related issues.
- Maintains a current knowledge of federal, state and other regulations applicable to job.
6. Complies with Westminster at Lake Ridge’s established safety rules and practices:
- Complies with applicable safety policies and procedures as prescribed by the organization, as well as government regulations.
- Reports any potential safety hazard(s) immediately to supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
- Reports any injury of resident, visitor, or employee immediately to supervisor or other appropriate personnel
- Provides assistance to resident, visitor, or employee in an emergency situation; following the proper emergency procedures.
|Qualifications:||High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required Bachelor’s degree preferred with three (3) to five (5) years assisted living admissions experience or business experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. RN preferred. Incumbent should be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form, possess high-quality verbal and written communication ability, strong customer service and detail oriented skills. Must be proficient in the operation of computer applications and knowledgeable on all state and federal Health Services regulations.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.