Human Resources Assistant
|November 10, 2015 - March 31, 2016|
|Location:||Lake Ridge, VA|
|Salary Range:||$40,000 - $45,000|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Westminster at Lake Ridge, a continuing care retirement community located in Lake Ridge, Virginia, is seeking an EXPERIENCED Human Resources Assistant.|
This position is responsible for supporting and assisting the Director of Human Resources and the Human Resources Department with all HR Generalist & Administrative functions.
MUST have 2-3 years prior experience as an HR Generalist. Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred. PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
Incomplete Applications and Candidates WITHOUT PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN HR Will Not Be Considered.
Please do not apply if you do not have the required years of experience in Human Resources.
Please include your resume with your application.
|Duties:||New Hire Duties|
1. Provides job postings, preliminary screening and processing of applicants.
- Places job postings through various methods of media as well as on community bulletin board on a monthly basis.
- Accepts applications for posted jobs and initially screens for applicants. Inputs screened applicant information into tracking system and files accordingly; sends to Human Resources Coordinator.
- Schedules an appointment with new hires to have PPD screenings with the clinic and schedule drug testings through third party vendor. Follows-up as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Completes prehire background screening on all new hires and License verifications.
- Prepares and distributes new hire packets ensuring all insurance, benefits, paperwork are enclosed; ensures all paperwork is completed and processed before initial employee orientation.
- Completes and submits criminal and Virginia reports for new hire.
- Distributes photo identification badge to new hire; enters new hire fingerprint into system.
- Maintains new hire chart; schedules orientation within one (1) month of employment; facilitates new hire orientation and follows up as necessary.
Human Resources Support Functions
2. Performs clerical functions for Human Resources as well as other general office duties as assigned.
- Provides data entry and processing support services relating to payroll.
- Performs word processing and clerical duties as requested in a timely and accurate manner; proofs all work upon completion, ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Assists other staff in their administrative and clerical duties in their absence or as requested.
- Coordinates use of community for HR meetings; manages room setups and catering.
- Maintains all Human Resource files to include employee, insurance, and benefits; ensures all files comply with state and federal regulations.
- Answers telephone in Human Resources office; provides callers with appropriate and accurate information; takes messages as necessary.
- Sends monthly notice of annual PPD due, Performance appraisal due and certification renewals of employees to appropriate manager. Follows up with manager on renewal as necessary.
- Prepares purchase orders and check requests
- Schedules and coordinates employee and staff meetings and award ceremonies as necessary.
- Maintains employee birthday and/or anniversary list; distributes cards and posts notice in employee break room and time clock on a monthly basis.
- Assists Human Resources Coordinator in writing and distributing employee calendar and newsletter on a monthly basis.
3. Assists Human Resources in administering and maintaining employee benefits.
- Assists with the administering of employee benefits package to include insurance.
- Processes changes and/or terminations to medical and dental insurance as well as other benefits.
- Assists Human Resources Coordinator in maintaining and administering FMLA and COBRA.
- Aids in researching benefits packages to assist Coordinator in preparing for open enrollment period.
Performance and Professionalism
4. Maintains professional presence when representing Westminster at Lake Ridge; exhibits degree of professionalism consistent with standards in performance, behavior, and appearance.
- Maintains resident confidentiality and privacy at all times according to policies and procedures; uses discretion when discussing confidential matters.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior with residents, families, co-workers, subordinates, supervisors, and other department staff.
- Maintains positive working relationships with management and coworkers; willingly follows directions and requests as appropriate.
- Exhibits professional standards through appearance and demeanor consistent personnel standards.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work assignments and performs in a manner to meet quality and timeliness objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures; seeks clarification or interpretation from appropriate supervisor when needed.
- Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in all relations with others.
5. Demonstrates professional development/skills competency in all activities.
- Participates in in-service, projects, or committees as assigned.
- Maintains all certifications necessary for employment.
- Demonstrates flexibility, open mindedness, and versatility in adjusting to changing environments and requirements as necessary.
- Commits to continually improving his/her skills through participation in education opportunities whether offered on the job, within, or outside of the community, to increase knowledge of work-related issues.
- Maintains a current knowledge of federal, state and other regulations applicable to job.
Safety & Security
6. Complies with Westminster at Lake Ridge established safety rules and practices.
- Complies with applicable safety policies and procedures as prescribed by the organization, as well as government regulations.
- Reports any potential safety hazard(s) immediately to supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
- Reports any injury of resident, visitor, or employee immediately to supervisor or other appropriate personnel
- Provides assistance to resident, visitor, or employee in an emergency situation; following the proper emergency procedures.
|Qualifications:||Skills & Qualifications: MUST have prior experience/exposure to all HR disciplines and business practices, including payroll processing and benefits administration.|
Must be a proficient user of Microsoft Office applications and HRIS software. PHR and/or Bachelorís Degree preferred, but not required. Excellent communication and technology skills required.
Incumbent should be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form, possess high-quality verbal and written communication ability, strong interpersonal skills, and be able handle stressful situations.
Other Software: Answers On Demand, Unitime helpful.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.