Human Resources Assistant
|April 24, 2014 - May 11, 2014|
|Salary Range:||$20,000 - $30,000|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Ingleside at King Farm in Rockville, Maryland, is seeking an experienced Human Resources Assistant. This is a PART TIME position currently with plans to convert to Full Time in January, 2015.|
This position is responsible for supporting and assisting the Director of Human Resources with all HR Generalist and Administrative functions.
MUST have prior experience/exposure to all HR disciplines and business practices.
Incomplete Applications Will Not Be Considered.
|Duties:||New Hire Duties|
1. Provides job postings, preliminary screening and processing of applicants.
- Places job postings through various methods of media as well as on community bulletin board on a monthly basis.
- Accepts applications for posted jobs and initially screens for applicants. Inputs screened applicant information into tracking system and files accordingly; sends to Director of Human Resources.
- Calls to offer approved applicant the job position as directed by Director of Human Resources.
- Schedules new hire to have PPD screenings through the clinic; follows-up as necessary to ensure compliance.
- Completes pre-hire drug and background screening on all new hires.
- Prepares and distributes new hire packets ensuring all insurance, benefits, paperwork are enclosed; ensures all paperwork is completed and processed before initial employee orientation.
- Completes and submits criminal and Virginia reports for new hire
- Distributes photo identification badge to new hire; enters new hire fingerprint into system.
- Maintains new hire chart; schedules orientation within one (1) month of employment; facilitates new hire orientation and follows up as necessary.
Human Resources Support Functions
2. Performs clerical functions for Human Resources as well as other general office duties as assigned.
- Provides data entry and processing support services relating to payroll.
- Performs word processing and clerical duties as requested in a timely and accurate manner; proofs all work upon completion, ensuring 100% accuracy.
- Assists other staff in their administrative and clerical duties in their absence or as requested.
- Coordinates use of community for HR meetings; manages room setups and catering.
- Maintains all Human Resource files to include employee, insurance, and benefits; ensures all files comply with state and federal regulations.
- Answers telephone in Human Resources office; provides callers with appropriate and accurate information; takes messages as necessary.
- Maintains all in-house emergencies, manager on duty, and voicemail group lists.
- Sends monthly notice of certification renewals of employees to appropriate manager; follows up with manager on renewal as necessary.
- Prepares purchase orders and check requests; maintains expense log and forwards to appropriate Director for approval.
- Schedules and coordinates employee and staff meetings and award ceremonies as necessary.
- Maintains employee birthday and/or anniversary list; distributes cards and posts notice in employee break room on a monthly basis.
- Assists Director of Human Resources in writing and distributing employee calendar and newsletter on a monthly basis.
3. Assists Direct of Human Resources in administering and maintaining employee benefits.
- Assists with the administering of employee benefits package to include insurance, bonuses.
- Processes changes and/or terminations to medical and dental insurance as well as other benefits.
- Assists Director of Human Resources in maintaining and administering FMLA and COBRA.
- Aids in researching benefits packages to assist Director in preparing for open enrollment period.
Performance and Professionalism
4. Maintains professional presence when representing Ingleside at King Farm; exhibits degree of professionalism consistent with standards in performance, behavior, and appearance.
- Maintains resident confidentiality and privacy at all times according to policies and procedures; uses discretion when discussing confidential matters.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior with residents, families, co-workers, subordinates, supervisors, and other department staff.
- Maintains positive working relationships with management and coworkers; willingly follows directions and requests as appropriate.
- Exhibits professional standards through appearance and demeanor consistent personnel standards.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work assignments and performs in a manner to meet quality and timeliness objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures; seeks clarification or interpretation from appropriate supervisor when needed.
- Uses tactful, diplomatic communication techniques in all relations with others.
5. Demonstrates professional development/skills competency in all activities.
- Participates in in-service, projects, or committees as assigned.
- Maintains all certifications necessary for employment.
- Demonstrates flexibility, open mindedness, and versatility in adjusting to changing environments and requirements as necessary.
- Commits to continually improving his/her skills through participations in education opportunities whether offered on the job, within, or outside of the community, to increase knowledge of work-related issues.
- Maintains a current knowledge of federal, state and other regulations applicable to job.
Safety & Security
6. Complies with Ingleside at King Farm's established safety rules and practices.
- Complies with applicable safety policies and procedures as prescribed by the organization, as well as government regulations.
- Reports any potential safety hazard(s) immediately to supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
- Reports any injury of resident, visitor, or employee immediately to supervisor or other appropriate personnel
- Provides assistance to resident, visitor, or employee in an emergency situation; following the proper emergency procedures.
|Qualifications:||Bachelor\'s Degree with two (2) to four (4) years Human Resources Generalist experience required.|
Incumbent should be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form, possess high-quality verbal and written communication ability, strong interpersonal skills, and be able handle stressful situations.
Must be proficient in the operation of computer applications, various office machines including switchboard telephone, calculator/adding machine, copying machine, fax, etc.
Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint required. Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint preferred.
Other Software: Answers On Demand, Unitime helpful.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.