Dining Room Server
|October 03, 2015 - March 30, 2016|
|Location:||Lake Ridge, VA|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:|
Dining room servers are assigned sections (tables) in the main dining room to serve residents dinner.
Servers are required to complete a training program in which they shall be exposed to fine dining techniques.
Procedures outlined in the training program shall be used daily in the serving of residents.
The servers primary duties include greeting residents, taking food and beverage orders, and serving as trained. Following dinner, servers shall reset dining room for next meal.
Routine cleaning duties are assigned daily.
Servers set up and serve special functions as scheduled. Server may also be required to work as a bus person for an entire shift.
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:|
1. Greet residents as they enter the dining room and serve meals to residents in proper fine dining fashion. A professional attitude is a requirement.
2. Bus tables as needed.
3. Complete daily set up procedures for dining room.
4. Complete routine cleaning of dining room areas as directed by cleaning schedule or as otherwise directed.
5. Required to attend all in-service training sessions. Unless excused by Dining Room Coordinator, all scheduled meetings are mandatory.
6. Responsibility for resident satisfaction. Residents should never leave unhappy. Part of the server\'s job is to recognize a problem before it\'s too late. If a problem arises that you cannot handle, contact the Dining Room Coordinator immediately. You are responsible for the people at your table from the time that they sit down until they leave the dining room. This includes what you serve - make sure you serve quality food and drinks. This dining room is based on that premise.
7. Dress Code: Uniform consists of black pants or skirt, long sleeve white button down shirt, black shoes, and panty hose for female servers. Failure to comply with dress code shall result in disciplinary action. Bow ties/name tags will be provided at no cost.
8. Personal Hygiene: You must work to meet high standards of cleanliness and neatness. This is important to co-workers as well as guests.
9. Attendance: You must report to work on time and work your scheduled hours. You must call in 2 hours prior to scheduled time to be excused from schedule. Failure to report to work or call in will result in dismissal.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assist in setting up and breaking down special function events.
2. Perform other duties as assigned.
Includes Education, Experience, Knowledge and Abilities, Certificate or Licensure Requirements:
Experience as a dining room attendant preferred.
Servers will be expected to demonstrate full comprehension of training class and procedures before starting. Know proper sanitation and cleaning methods. Speed and accuracy essential. Must be courteous and tactful even under stressful circumstances. Must be able to function as a member of a team.
Scheduled a minimum of 16 hours per week and as needed to complete dining room server staffing.
The Dining Room/ Dining Service Department is a 7-day-a-week, 14-hour-a-day operation.
All employees are required to work on any day of the week according to the schedule and shift developed to meet the needs of the department.
(Includes Vision, Language, Hearing, Range of Motion, Lifting Capacity, Sitting/Standing, etc.):
- High level sensory requirements (speech, vision, taste, smell, hearing).
- Majority of time spent walking and carrying trays.
- Considerable time spent bending, reaching, and lifting.
- Must be knowledgeable of correct procedure for lifting and carrying tray of plates, glasses, and utensils, up to 40 pounds.