|December 05, 2013 - December 17, 2013|
|Location:||Lake Ridge, VA|
|Salary Range:||$10 - $12 Hourly|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
Westminster at Lake Ridge, a premier continuous retirement community located in Lake Ridge, Virginia, is looking for a competent administrative professional to join the Reception Team on Part-Time basis.
This position is primarily responsible for receiving and relaying incoming and outgoing calls from the switchboard and for greeting residents and visitors to the Community. Additional duties include administrative and clerical support.
Basic responsibilities include:
1. Providing information by phone or in person.
2. Receiving and forwarding resident requests and forms.
3. Creating, editing and updating documents.
4. Supervising the Receptionist team.
1. Conduct self in a professional manner, interacting in a cooperative and helpful manner.
2. Present a professional, business-like appearance, referring to dress code as needed.
3. Honor all Resident Rights and Employee Code of Conduct.
4. Maintain the front reception desk in a neat, clean and organized manner.
5. Follow established procedures to effectively manage emergency situations.
6. Acknowledge and/or greet all residents, visitors, staff, etc. at the front desk.
7. Answer telephone, transfer and place callers on hold according to established procedure.
8. Provide help as needed to staff needing to overhead page, use beepers and do a “call pickup.”
9. Provide feedback to supervisor on an ongoing basis regarding concerns, suggestions for improvements, etc.
10. Problem-solve with receptionists, supervisor and other departments as appropriate.
11. Report significant changes/concerns regarding residents to supervisor, using Resident Observation form.
12. Use existing routes of communication to locate appropriate staff, i.e. telephone, walkie-talkie, beeper, cell phone and overhead paging.
13. Check general voicemail box and personal voicemail box at beginning and end of shift.
14. Refer to Receptionist Reference Book as appropriate.
15. Refer to Receptionist Help Book as appropriate.
16. Refer to Resident Handbook as appropriate.
17. Refer to Resident Yearbook to aid in learning residents’ names.
18. Use the Receptionist Communication Book to record and read information.
19. Read and initial information on the Receptionist Bulletin Board.
20. Provide staff telephone extensions, home phone numbers, pager or cell numbers as appropriate.
21. Provide resident address and telephone information as appropriate.
22. Provide admission and marketing brochures when requested by visitors.
23. Assist residents with making copies on library copier, informing supervisor of any problems encountered or supplies needed.
24. Facilitate all resident requests by filling out or providing appropriate forms such as maintenance work orders, housekeeping requests, pest sightings, volunteer hours, cottage/apartment options, etc.
25. Schedule rooms for meeting as requested by staff and residents.
26. Ask visitors to sign in and sign out in visitor book.
27. Assist residents inquiring about lost and found items.
28. Play CD’s over the sound system.
29. Operate the paging, telephone, sound system and computer.
30. Post information from Resident Council and management on Resident Message Board.
31. Receive, date-stamp and distribute U.S.P.S. mail to appropriate mailbox for staff.
32. Receive and appropriately log courier, FedEx, UPS, etc. deliveries, notifying staff/resident of delivery.
33. Receive and appropriately write up outgoing UPS and USPS packages.
34. Place flyers, memos, etc. in resident cubbies as directed.
35. Process requests for guest room, guest meal and table reservations, notifying appropriate staff.
36. Refer to in-house directions list and maps as needed to provide directions to elevators, offices and apartments.
37. Provide appropriate business telephone number and address to callers, visitors or delivery people for marketing, health center and apartment building.
38. Record resident absences in appropriate book and create daily Census count.
39. Update daily resident census, including residents away overnight or temporarily in Assisted Living, Nursing Center or hospital.
40. Be a backup to monitor swimming pool cameras.
41. Provide parking permits to residents upon request and maintain list assigned.
42. Immediately place all payments to Westminster in Billing mailbox.
43. Distribute fishing permits upon request.
44. Monitor fire alarm panel and respond to alarms appropriately.
45. Contact nurse to respond to medical emergencies.
46. Use sound system equipment and microphone to announce fire alarm-related messages in apartment building.
47. Provide and ensure appropriate signout of keys to residents and staff.
48. Perform appropriate opening and closing procedures at the desk.
49. Check messages on job line, mail out application and write in log book.
50. Complete flipper check and daily ILU Census paperwork in computer.
51. Handle all correspondence assigned.
52. Provide assistance/reassurance to occupants of elevator during an emergency.
53. Other tasks as assigned.
|Qualifications:||Job Qualifications: |
1. Operate computer, multi-line phone and in-house paging system.
2. Communicate verbally and in writing.
3. Comprehend instructions, problem-solve and demonstrate initiative.
4. Perform job functions despite frequent interruptions.
5. Manage emergency situations, responding appropriately.
6. Work with many types of people.
7. Must be computer literate .
8. Must have 2 - 3 years prior work experience in an administrative support role.
9. Must be a High School graduate or equivalent.
8. Able to operate standard business equipment.
9. Proficient in MS Office applications, including Outlook, Word and Excel. Powerpoint a plus.
10. Must be available to work a varying schedule, including Saturdays and Sundays.
Reaching above shoulder level - occasional
Working with arms above waist - occasional
Sitting - continuous
Manipulating with fingers - continuous
Speaking to individuals - continuous
Reading printed materials - continuous
Reading handwritten materials - continuous
Working from computer display - frequent
Creating short memos & documents - frequent
Creating long documents - occasional
Noise - 90 decibels max. on rare occasion (fire alarm)
Working alone - yes
Working closely with others - yes
Shift work - no
Cramped quarters - no
Characteristics of Typical Workday:
100% inside work time
15 min. break
8 total work hours/day; may vary
total work hours/week; depends on schedule
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.